- 3 pounds oxtails, cut into pieces
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- 1/3 cup flour
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 large cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups hot water
- Sprinkle oxtails with salt, pepper and paprika. Dredge in flour. Brown on
all sides in a heavy pan with vegetable oil.
- Remove browned oxtails and place in a roasting pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients together. Pour over browned oxtails in a roasting
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F until tender. Remove cover the last 1/2
hour of cooking. Stir occasionally.