Beef Pot Roast in a Barbecue Sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 cup beef stock or bouillon
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle onions over the bottom of a large heavy Dutch oven.
- Place the meat
on top of the onions, cover, and bake for 1 1/2 hours, adding some stock if the
pan juices begin to dry up.
- Mix garlic, tomato sauce, brown sugar, paprika, mustard, rosemary, thyme,
lemon juice, ketchup, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- Pour the sauce
over the meat, cover, and continue to bake, basting every 20 minutes, until
the meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours longer.
- Remove the lid for the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
- Slice the meat and arrange on a serving platter.
- Spoon some sauce on the top and serve the remaining sauce
on the side.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Roast Recipes