Beer and Brown Sugar Marinated Roast
Mmmmm. Beef, beer and sugar have never been so good!
- 1 (3-pound) Certified Angus Beef ® ball tip
- (bottom sirloin) roast
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients.
- Place roast in a large plastic zippered bag and pour
marinade over roast. Close bag and marinate in refrigerator 12 to 14 hours.
- Remove roast from refrigerator and pat dry with paper towels.
- Discard marinade and preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season roast with an additional 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 1 teaspoon black
pepper, if desired, and place in a shallow roasting pan fitted with rack.
- Roast 15 minutes in preheated oven, then reduce heat to 325 degrees F.
- Cook approximately 1 hour to reach medium (135-140 degrees F) doneness.
- Remove roast from oven, tent loosely with foil and rest 10 minutes before carving.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
The Certified Angus Beef® brand.