Braised Chuck Roast with
Roasted Pepper Sauce
- 1 (3-pound) Certified Angus Beef ® chuck roast (arm, shoulder or blade)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups diced sweet onion
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, skinned, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, roasted and minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup grated aged Manchego or Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy
bottom pan. Brown beef on all sides; pour off drippings.
- Add 4 cups broth to
pan. Cover tightly with foil or lid and braise 4 hours until fork tender.
- While the roast cooks, place remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in medium
fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and sauté until transparent; add peppers
and garlic; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with remaining broth and reduce by half.
- Add cream and reduce by half again.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove roast from pan and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Spoon 1/4 cup sauce onto each plate.
- op with 3 ounces beef.
- Garnish with cilantro and cheese.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional information: Calories: 574 Fat: 39 g Saturated Fat: 20 g Cholesterol:
218 mg Carbohydrate: 7 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Protein: 39 g Sodium: 249 mg Iron: 28%
of Daily Value
Recipe created by Chef Fritz Gitschner, C.M.C., for Certified Angus Beef LLC.
Recipe and photo credit: Certified Angus Beef® brand