California Style Pot Roast
- 1 (4 pound) boneless beef rump pot roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pint commercial sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup dry red wine (burgundy, claret, etc.)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 6 carrots, pared, halved
- Sprinkle beef with salt, pepper.
- In Dutch oven, brown beef well on all sides, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In bowl, combine sour cream, flour; pour over beef.
- Add wine and onion.
- Cover Dutch oven; simmer beef slowly about 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until almost
fork tender, turning occasionally or basting with liquid in Dutch oven.
- Add carrots; cook 30 minutes or until tender.