Classic Prime Rib Roast
This roast is impressive, and you'll love how easy it is.
- 1 (6 to 8 pound) well-trimmed beef rib roast, chine bone removed
- 6 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine garlic, thyme leaves and black pepper. Press evenly into surface
of beef roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do
not add water or cover roast.
- Roast for approximately 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours. Use instant read thermometer and
remove when internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F for medium rare or 150
degrees F for medium.
- Tent loosely with foil and let stand for 15 minutes prior to carving.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 2 1/2 to 3 hours
Reprinted with permission from
the Texas Beef Council.