Country Roast with Noodles
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) chuck roast
- All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 12 small carrots, pared
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- Combine 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper; use to coat roast.
- In hot oil, in large skillet over medium heat, brown roast well on all sides.
Add onion, celery and garlic; sauté until golden.
- Add tomato juice, 1/4 cup water, Worcestershire sauce and oregano. Bring
to boiling; reduce heat, covered, turning meat once 2 hours.
- Add carrots; simmer 20 minutes longer or until meat and carrots are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles per package instructions; drain.
- Transfer roast and carrots to serving platter. Surround with noodles.
- Gravy can be made from pan drippings and served with roast and noodles.