Cranberry Pepper Roast
- 1 (4 pound) beef sirloin tip roast
- 2 tablespoons cracked pepper
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 2/3 cups cranberry cocktail
- 3 cups hot broth from meat
- 3/4 cup cranberry cocktail
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Score meat lightly in a crisscross pattern. Rub all sides, but not ends,
- In Dutch oven or roasting pan, brown meat in oil over medium heat,
- Pour cranberry cocktail over meat. Cover; bake at 325 degrees F for 2 1/2
hours or until beef is tender.
- Place meat on warm platter to keep warm while
- Cranberry Gravy: Strain hot broth from meat; measure 3 cups and heat to
- In tightly covered jar, shake cranberry cocktail and flour; stir into hot liquid. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Season with salt.
- Serve with hot rice.