Cranberry Pot Roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (4 pound) boneless beef pot roast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In 8 quart Dutch oven over medium high heat add vegetable oil. Cook beef pot roast until browned on all sides.
- Stir in cinnamon, ginger, pepper, the 1/3 cup water and salt. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 2 hours turning meat occasionally. About 15 minutes before meat is done, add cranberry sauce to liquid in Dutch oven; continue cooking until roast is fork tender.
- When roast is done, remove to cutting board.
- In cup, stir cornstarch and the 2 tablespoons water until blended. Stir into liquid in Dutch oven; cook stirring constantly until boils and thickens slightly.
- Slice meat and serve with gravy.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.