Horseradish and Georgia Pecan
Crusted Beef Tenderloin
The subtle sweetness of Georgia pecans paired with zesty horseradish gives this
special cut of beef just the right enhancement.
- 1 (1 1/2 - 2 pound) beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup Georgia pecan halves
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 1/2 tablespoons prepared grated horseradish
- 1 tablespoon soy
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat beef dry and season with salt.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over moderately high heat until just beginning to
smoke. Add beef and cook, turning, until brown on all sides-about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a shallow baking pan.
- In food processor fitted with chopping blade, combine pecans, parsley, mayonnaise,
horseradish, soy sauce and garlic until coarse puree forms. Brush egg white on all
sides of beef, then coat with pecan mixture, spreading it thickly on top.
- Roast beef in middle of oven until a thermometer inserted into center of thickest
part registers 125 degrees F for medium-rare-about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition information per serving-protein: 34g; fat: 27g; saturated fat:
6g; carbohydrate: 6g; fiber: 2g; sodium: 385 mg; cholesterol: 97; calories: 405
Reprinted with permission from
the Georgia Pecan Commission.