Mexican-Style Pot Roast
Great for leftovers! We like this stuffed in a pita, as quesadillas, in soft
or crispy taco shells, and in enchiladas and nachos.
- 2 1/2 - 3 pound chuck roast
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Mexican beer (recipe
tested with Corona)
- 1 can (10 ounce) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can
(15 ounce) corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup prepared pico de gallo
- 1 cup prepared picante sauce
- Shredded Mexican
- Flour tortillas
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat,
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in sealable plastic bag. Add roast and
turn to coat evenly. Place roast in hot pan. Brown on all sides.
- Add beer, tomatoes, corn, black beans, pico de gallo and picante sauce. Cover
tightly with lid and place in preheated oven. Cook for 3 to 3 and 1/2 hours, or
until fork tender.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Shred beef with fork, removing
any remaining fat.
- Stir to incorporate all ingredients in pan.
- Serve on flour tortillas topped with grated cheese.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Nutrition information per serving: without tortilla or cheese (1 serving
3 oz. roast with 7 oz. toppings) 324 calories; 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 5 g
monounsaturated fat); 90 mg cholesterol; 814 mg sodium; 19.6 g carbohydrate; 4.12
g fiber; 30 g protein; 7.7 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.1 mcg vitamin B12; 4.0
mg iron; 23.6 mcg selenium; 8.8 mg zinc
Recipe and photo credit: Texas Beef Team.
>> All Beef Recipes