BBQ Beef Skillet with Cornbread
Delicious simplicity. Steak and onions are simmered in barbecue sauce, then steak
is sliced thin to serve.
- 2 beef bottom round steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Cornbread or corn muffins
- Combine barbecue sauce with water. Pour barbecue sauce mixture in large
skillet. Add steaks.
- Separate onions into rings and add to skillet.
- Bring barbecue mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer
for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove steaks; keep warm. Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil. Cook,
uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Carve steaks into thin slices.
- Serve with sauce and cornbread.
Yield: 4 servings | 1 1/2 to 2 hr
Nutrition information per serving: 218 calories; 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat;
3 g monounsaturated fat); 72 mg cholesterol; 546 mg sodium; 12 g carbohydrate; 1.3
g fiber; 28 g protein; 5.4 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 2.9
mg iron; 31.3 mcg selenium; 4.8 mg zinc
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Texas Beef Council
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Skillet Beef Recipes