Beef Tips and Gravy
- 2 pounds cubed beef for stew, or round, or chuck roast, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (.75 ounce) dry brown gravy mix
- In a large nonstick skillet, or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until soft. Add beef cubes and cook, stirring often, until meat
is browned on all sides.
- Add 2 cups water, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and
pepper to beef. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to
- Meanwhile, combine gravy mix package with 1 cup water. Mix thoroughly and
stir into meat mixture. Simmer, stirring frequently until slightly thickened.
- Serve over rice, egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 1/2 to 2 hours
Reprinted with permission from
the Texas Beef Council.