Chili Salsa Beef
- 1 1/2 pounds beef for stew, cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot.
- Brown beef in batches; pour off drippings.
- Return beef to pan. Stir in salsa, sugar, soy sauce and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer for 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve over rice.
Yield: 4 servings