Mushroom Cheesesteak Stir Fry
Another great meal-in-a-skillet. This could become one of your favorite comfort
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon season salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces Provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper,
garlic, and mushrooms. Stir fry for 3 minutes, or until vegetables become tender.
- Add sirloin steak to the skillet, sprinkle with season salt and cook for
3-5 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness.
- In a separate saucepan, add cream cheese, provolone cheese and milk. Cook
over medium heat, stirring continuously until heated through, melted and smooth.
- Place individual servings of brown rice on each plate. Top with steak and
- Spoon warm cheese sauce over steak and vegetable mixture.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 2 servings; easily doubled to serve 4
Recipe courtesy of Kristen Doyle from Dine and Dish.
Reprinted with permission from MushroomInfo.com.