Pretzel Dusted Schnitzel with
Sweet Onion Caraway Noodles
- 8 (3-4 ounce) Certified Angus Beef ® shoulder tender medallions *
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Oil for pan frying
- 2 tablespoons butter,unsalted
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, toasted and chopped
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked al dente
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
* Other cuts that you can use for this recipe: Sirloin Steak
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl combine pretzels, thyme, 1 tablespoon parsley, salt and
pepper together; mix thoroughly.
- Brush medallions lightly with mustard and coat heavily with pretzel mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Sauté medallions for 3 minutes
per side. Remove from pan and place on baking tray; place in oven for 10 minutes
or till outside is crisp.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan, add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add caraway, cooked noodles, stock and salt and pepper. Continue to cook
for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
Nutritional information: Calories: 944 Fat: 31 g Saturated Fat: 11 g Cholesterol:
242 mg Carbohydrate: 90 g Dietary Fiber: 4 g Protein: 61 g Sodium: 1443 mg Iron:
57% of Daily Value
Recipe used with permission from