90's-Style Swiss Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef round or chuck shoulder steaks, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup prepared picante sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta, cooked
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cut beef steak into 6 pieces; pound to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Lightly coat beef with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown beef in batches.
Pour off drippings.
- Return beef to Dutch oven. Add remaining ingredients, except pasta; bring
to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beef is
fork-tender. If sauce becomes too thick, stir in a little water.
- Serve over pasta.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Texas Beef Team
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Steak Recipes