Samba Steak Stir-Fry
Seasoned beef strips stir-fried to perfection with vegetables, then topped with pico de gallo.
Pico de Gallo
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 pound round tip steaks, cut 1/8-1/4 inch thick
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced bell pepper, any color
- 1/2 medium white onion, cut into 1/2-in. wedges
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 small whole wheat tortillas (about 6-inch diameter), warmed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper
- Pico de Gallo: Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper and lime
juice in medium bowl. Season with salt, as desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Beef: Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into
1-inch wide strips.
- Combine beef and rub ingredients in large bowl; toss to coat evenly.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add bell pepper, onion and jalapeño; stir-fry 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and beef.
- Return all beef and vegetables to skillet. Season with salt, as desired.
- Serve beef mixture in tortillas; top with Pico de Gallo.
Yield: 4 servings | Prep: 18 min | Cook: 12 min
Nutritional information: Calories: 510; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 75mg; Total Carbs: 61g; Fiber: 9g; Protein: 37g; Sodium: 686mg
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Beef Checkoff
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.