Amana-Style Swiss Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds lean beef steak
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; pound into steak. (Meat may be cut into serving
pieces, or not, as desired.)
- Melt shortening in a large skillet and brown steak light on both sides.
- Add vinegar and cook just until liquid evaporates.
- Add chopped onion and cover with water.
- Cover skillet and simmer until meat is tender (about 2 hours). If necessary,
add more water during cooking. Cooking liquid may be thickened with flour before
serving, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Steak Recipes