Asian Beef and Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch
- 4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, such as sugar snap
peas, broccoli florets, bell pepper strips and shredded carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup prepared stir-fry sauce, preferably
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked
- 2 tablespoons unsalted dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Combine vegetables and 3 tablespoons water in large nonstick skillet. Cover
and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and drain.
- Heat same pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef and 1/2 of
garlic; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer
pink. Remove. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic.
- Return all beef and vegetables to pan. Add stir-fry sauce and red pepper;
- Spoon over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.
Reprinted with permission from
the Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's