Awesome Beef Stroganoff
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 package onion or roasted garlic gravy mix for steak
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Cook noodles according to package directions-keep warm.
- In a large heavy bottom pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add meat and
- Sprinkle gravy mix over meat.
- Add mushrooms; sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about
10 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream.
- Top with parsley and serve over hot cooked noodles.