Bacon-Wrapped Filet Steaks
Topped with Roasted Garlic Butter
- 12 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- Kosher salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 (6- to 7-ounce) filet steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 4 very thin slices of lean bacon
- 6-inch wooden skewers or toothpicks, soaked in water for 10 minutes and patted dry
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place peeled garlic and olive oil in 1-cup, ovenproof ramekin, soufflé
dish or custard cup. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil and place
in oven. Roast on center rack until garlic is golden and very tender
and soft when pierced with knife, about 30 minutes (start checking
cloves after 20 minutes and then every 5 minutes until done).
- With slotted spoon, remove garlic from bowl and reserve oil. Place
garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the reserved oil, butter and 1/8 teaspoon
salt in food processor or blender and process, pulsing machine on
and off for 30 seconds or less until garlic is coarsely chopped
and blended with butter and oil. Transfer garlic butter to small
bowl and stir in 2 teaspoons of the chives. (Garlic butter can be
prepared 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Bring
to room temperature 30 minutes before ready to use.)
- When ready to cook steaks, oil a grill rack and prepare grill. In
small bowl, stir together 1 teaspoon kosher salt, coarsely ground
black pepper and thyme. Rub both sides of each filet with some of
this seasoning. Then wrap each steak around its sides with 1 slice
of bacon. Skewer bacon in place with wooden skewer or with 2 to
- Grill steaks until lightly charred on the outside and until bacon
is cooked, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- When done, remove steaks from fire and place on warm serving plate.
- Top each steak with 1 generous pat of roasted
garlic butter and sprinkle with some of remaining chives. Butter
will start to melt and season the steaks.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information per serving: Calories402; Carbohydrates3
g; Protein39 g; Fat25 g including sat. fat11 g; Cholesterol124 mg;
Sodium740 mg; Calcium35 mg; Dietary fiber0 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: 5 lean-fat meat exch. and 2 fat exch.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.