BBQ Beef Chuck Steak
- 1 beef 7-Bone Chuck Steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl.
- Place beef steak and 1 cup marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close
bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning
occasionally. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered
- Grill, covered, 15 to 18 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160
degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Place remaining marinade in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer
10 to 15 minutes or until sauce consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces.
- Serve with sauce.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 417 calories; 17 g fat (7 g saturated
fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 135 mg cholesterol; 627 mg sodium; 24 g carbohydrate;
0.6 g fiber; 41 g protein; 4.1 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 3.2 mcg vitamin B12;
5.3 mg iron; 34.5 mcg selenium; 13.3 mg zinc
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Texas Beef Council.