Beef and Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen pearl onions
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Season steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook
until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer steak to a bowl and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and onions to the pan and cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in soup and 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Add steak and its juices from the bowl and simmer, 2 minutes.
- Divide into individual bowls and sprinkle with the parsley, if using.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Facts: Calories 591; Calories from fat 49%; Total
fat 32g; Saturated fat 12g; Cholesterol 97mg; Carbohydrate 21g; Sodium 880mg; Fiber 3g; Protein