Beef Pepper Steak
- 1 pound beef Top Round or Top Sirloin Steak boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick or Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian dressing
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large bell peppers, any color, cut into 1/8 inch strips
- 1 onion, cut into 1/8 inch wedges
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise
into 1/8-inch thick strips.
- Place beef and 1/3 cup Italian dressing in food-safe
plastic bag; turn beef to coat. Reserve remaining dressing for vegetables. Close
bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove beef
from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high
heat until hot.
- Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until outside
surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.)
- Remove from skillet.
- Repeat with remaining beef.
- Season beef with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Wipe skillet with paper towel.
- Heat remaining Italian dressing in same skillet until hot.
- Add peppers and onion. Stir-fry for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables
- Return beef and juices to skillet. Cook and stir for 1 to 2
minutes or until heated through.
Total Recipe Time: 30 to 35 min
Marinade Time: 30 min to 2 hr | Makes 4 servings
Nutrition information per serving, using beef Top Round Steak: 242
calories; 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 61 mg
cholesterol; 364 mg sodium; 9 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 28 g protein; 5.4
mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 2.8 mg iron; 33.3 mcg
selenium; 5 mg zinc.
Nutrition information per serving, using Top Sirloin Steak: 240
calories; 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 69 mg
cholesterol; 260 mg sodium; 9 g carbohydrate; 2.0 g fiber; 27 g protein; 8.3 mg
niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.3 mcg vitamin B12; 2.1 mg iron; 35.7 mcg selenium;
5.1 mg zinc; 106.5 mg choline.
Nutrition information per serving, using beef Flank Steak: 243 calories;
12 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 42 mg cholesterol; 376 mg
sodium; 9 g carbohydrate; 1.8 g fiber; 25 g protein; 7.2 mg niacin; 0.8 mg
vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 1.9 mg iron; 27.7 mcg selenium; 4.5 mg
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin
B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Cattlemen's Beef Association
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.