Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Blue Cheese Topping
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 large clove garlic, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
- 4 teaspoons plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- Dash ground white pepper
- Combine topping ingredients in small bowl.
- Rub both sides of beef steaks with cut sides of garlic clove.
- Place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat.
- Broil for 13 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. One to two
minutes before steaks are done, top evenly with topping.
- Season with salt; sprinkle with parsley.
Yield: 4 servings
Grill Directions: Place well-trimmed steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. One minute before steaks are done, top evenly with topping.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 11/16/2001 5:19 pm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.