[FrontPage iInclude" Component]
Bushmills Flamed Steak
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) boneless sirloin strip steak, 3/4-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1/4 cup Old Bushmills Irish Whiskey
- 3/4 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley, to garnish
- Heat skillet very hot.
- Melt butter until golden and add steak. Sear
on both sides and cook to your taste.
- Remove steak to heated platter.
- Quickly sauté onions and mushrooms in pan drippings.
- Put steak back into skillet and drizzle with 1/4 cup Old Bushmills Irish Whiskey
- Remove steak only back to platter.
- Reduce heat to medium
and sprinkle sugar, flour and tarragon on mushrooms and onions.
Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in cream and cook until reduced by half.
- Season to taste.
- Pour over steak and garnish with parsley.