Busy Day Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound round steak, 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Buttered egg noodles
- Trim fat from meat. Cut into small pieces.
- Heat fat in skillet.
When there is about 3 tablespoons of melted fat in skillet, remove
trimmings. (If fat coating is thin, add butter to make 3 tablespoons.)
Quickly brown meat in fat. Add water and mushrooms (including liquid);
stir in soup mix and heat to boiling.
- Blend sour cream and flour; add to skillet. Cook and stir until
- Serve over hot buttered egg noodles.
Makes 6 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.