Chicken Fried Steak
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) round steak
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons green Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon each salt and cracked pepper
- Vegetable oil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Trim steak and pound, if needed, to 1/2-inch thick; cut into 6 to
- Combine milk, Tabasco sauce and salt in a bowl.
- Measure 1 cup of flour into a bowl.
- Combine remaining flour, paprika, garlic
powder, salt and pepper in another bowl. Dip steak into flour, into
milk mixture, and then into seasoned flour. Set aside until all
meat is coated.
- Heat 1 or 2 inches of oil in a heavy fry pan. Fry meat until both
sides are golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with cream gravy, mashed potatoes and
- Cream Gravy: Pour off all but 6 tablespoons of fat from fry pan;
add 6 tablespoons flour into pan (use any leftover seasoned flour)
and blend well. Gradually stir in 2 1/2 cups of milk. Cook and stir
over medium heat until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover steak with gravy when served.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings; 2 cups Cream Gravy
Posted by tgraddy at Recipe Goldmine 6/5/01 9:27:47 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Steak Recipes