Chinese Pepper Steak
- 1 (1 1/4 pound) top round steak, cut 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 medium green bell peppers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts, sliced
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- Partially freeze steak to firm and slice diagonally across the grain
into very thin strips.
- Combine cornstarch, sugar and ginger and stir in soy sauce. Pour
mixture over meat and stir. Let set while you cut the green peppers
into thin strips and tomatoes and onions into wedges.
- Quickly brown beef strips, 1/3 at a time, in hot oil and remove
- Reduce heat. Add green pepper, onion, garlic, water chestnuts
and water to pan and cook until green pepper is tender-crisp, 5
to 6 minutes.
- Stir in meat and tomatoes and heat through.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Beef Steak Recipes