Chinese Style Pepper Steak
- 1 (2 pound) boneless top round steak or sirloin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 medium size peppers, coarsely chopped or cut into thin strips*
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I use dried minced garlic)
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
* I use 1 green, 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper.
- Partially freeze steak, then slice across grain into strips. Brown
in hot oil in a large skillet; add next 7 ingredients; Cover and
reduce heat. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, water, and cornstarch. Cook, stirring constantly
- Serve over rice.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/5/01 8:49:30 pm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.