Country Fried Round Steak
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 (5 ounce) Black Angus top round steaks
- 4 ounces whole butter
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 ounces bacon grease
- 4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- Black pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Mix flour, salt, garlic, pepper and onion powder together to make
seasoned flour mixture.
- Tenderize steaks by running through a meat
tenderizer or beating with a hand meat tenderizer.
- Soak in buttermilk
briefly and then dip in seasoned flour mixture.
- Heat butter in sauté
pan on medium high heat.
- Place breaded steaks in pan and cook until
golden brown and tender. approximately 10 minutes per side.
- Serve with Country Gravy.
- Country Gravy: Brown garlic in the bacon grease.
- Stir in flour until smooth. Let
roux (grease and flour) cook lightly for a couple of minutes stirring
- Add cream and water stirring constantly. Simmer until
gravy thickens and is hot. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Yield: 2 servings
Posted by Red1060 at Recipe Goldmine.
Source: Recipe courtesy Elvis Presley - Memphis, Tennessee
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.