Country Style Steak and Gravy
- 1 pound round steak
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons oil or shortening
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups water
- Cut steak into six pieces. Salt to taste and roll in flour to coat.
- Heat cooking oil and fry steak on both sides until brown.
steak and put into baking pan.
- Put onion slices over top of steak.
- Add 2 tablespoons flour to grease remaining from browning meat.
Stir and let flour cook until brown. Add water and stir.
- Pour browned
mixture over steak.
- Cover and put into 325 degree F oven for about
an hour or until tender.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.