Country Style Steak and Gravy
- 1 pound round steak
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons oil or shortening
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups water
- Cut steak into six pieces. Salt to taste and roll in flour to coat.
- Heat cooking oil and fry steak on both sides until brown.
- Remove steak and put into baking pan.
- Put onion slices over top of steak.
- Add 2 tablespoons flour to grease remaining from browning meat.
Stir and let flour cook until brown. Add water and stir.
- Pour browned mixture over steak.
- Cover and put into 325 degree F oven for about
an hour or until tender.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.