Cracked Pepper Steak
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 (4 to 6 ounce) beef tenderloins, 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup brandy or dry red wine
- Combine pepper and rosemary in a large bowl. Coat both sides of
the steaks with the mixture.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet until hot.
- Add steaks and
cook over medium to medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until
a thermometer inserted in the center registers 160 degrees F (for
medium). Remove the steaks from the skillet and cover to keep them
- Add brandy to skillet and bring to a boil over high heat, scraping
particles from the bottom of the skillet. Boil for about 1 minute
or until liquid is reduced by half. Spoon sauce over steaks.
Makes 2 servings.
Approximate values per serving: 322 calories, 21 g fat, 70 mg
cholesterol, 24 g protein, 3 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 55 mg sodium,
59 percent calories from fat
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.