Farmers Market Skillet
- 1 pound round steak, trimmed and cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large bell pepper
- 2 large yellow onions
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoon beef-flavored bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge steak in flour mixture and lightl pound with meat mallet.
- Brown steak in hot oil in a skillet then place in a shallow 2 quart casserole.
- Layer bell pepper and onion (both cut into slices) over steak.
- Combine water, butter, bouillon granules and soy sauce in skillet. Cook until bouillon granules dissolve.
- Pour sauce over meat, bell pepper and onions.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.