- 2 (12 ounce) boneless beef top-loin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- Scallions, sliced into 3-inch pieces (optional)
- Cut steaks into 4 portions.
- Combine garlic salt, chili powder, pepper and cinnamon. Use your fingers to press mixture onto both sides of each steak portion.
- In a large skillet cook steaks in hot oil over medium heat to desired doneness, turning once. Allow 8 to 11 minutes for medium rare or 12 to 14 minutes for medium.
- Transfer steaks to a serving platter, reserving drippings in the skillet. Keep warm.
- For sauce, add white onion, leek and shallots to skillet. Cook and stir over low heat for 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until broth is slightly reduced.
- Add scallions. Spoon onion mixture over steaks.
- Garnish with scallion pieces, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.