Golden Gate Swiss Steak
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) round steak, 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Dredge the meat with this mixture, then work the flour into the meat with a meat pounder.
- Cut steak into 4 individual portions.
- In a heavy skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil and brown meat on both sides.
- Combine tomatoes, carrots, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar; pour over meat.
- Cover and either bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven or simmer on top of stove for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.