Gorgonzola-Topped Tenderloin Steaks
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue-veined cheese
- Heat large nonstick skillet 5 minutes over medium heat until hot.
- Combine garlic and pepper. Press evenly into both side of each beef steak.
- Place steaks in skillet. Cook for 10 to 13 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness; turn occasionally. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add broth and wine; increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Spoon sauce over steaks; sprinkle with cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.