- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sake or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 scallions, cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces Napa cabbage, chopped
- 4 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 cup cooked short grain rice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, sugar and sake in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat wok or electric frying pan to medium heat.
- Heat oil, add steak strips and stir until beef is browned (about 3-5 minutes).
- Push beef to one side. On the other side, add scallions and peppers and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and sprouts, combining all ingredients in the pan. Stir-fry about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle soy mixture over meat and vegetables. Cook for 1 minute.
- Serve over warm rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Certified Angus Beef
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.