Mediterranean Steak and Pasta
with Tomato-Olive Sauce
Whole-wheat pasta is served with beef Sirloin Tip Center Steaks and a tomato and olive sauce. This one will please the adults and the kids in your family.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole grain fettuccine
- 4 beef Sirloin Tip Center Steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce with olives*
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
* You may substitute 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce with olives for 1 (26 ounce) pasta sauce plus 1/4 cup chopped olives.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 11 to 13 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Combine pasta sauce and oregano in same skillet; heat until hot. Return steaks to skillet; turn to coat with sauce.
- Place steaks on fettuccine; spoon sauce over all.
- Sprinkle steaks with cheese, allowing cheese to melt. Sprinkle with parsley.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information per serving: 474 Calories; 99.9 Calories from fat; 11.1g Total Fat (3.7 g Saturated Fat; 0.2 g Trans Fat; 0.3 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 2.3 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 71 mg Cholesterol; 766 mg Sodium; 54 g Total Carbohydrate; 10.1 g Dietary Fiber; 37 g Protein; 6.2 mg Iron; 332 mg Potassium; 4.5 mg NE Niacin; 0.4 mg Vitamin B6; 2.8 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.9 mg Zinc; 33.6 mcg Selenium; 90.1 mg Choline
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Choline.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Texas Beef Team
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.