- 1 (2 pound) round steak
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chili sauce (or same amount ketchup and 1 extra tablespoon chili powder)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained, or use fresh
- 1 (8 ounce) containers sour cream or low fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- Cut steak into bite-size pieces. Cook and stir steak, onion and garlic in oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until brown. Drain off oil.
- Stir in vinegar, water, chili sauce, paprika, chili powder, seasoned salt, soy sauce and mushrooms into steak mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour until meat is tender. (You can now cool and store in a freezer container if you like. To prepare for serving, thaw meat mixture and heat in saucepan until bubbly.)
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Stir sour cream or yogurt and flour together; combine with stroganoff. Heat to a
boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, simmer and stir for about 1 minute.
- Serve stroganoff over noodles.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Source: Once a Month Cooking - Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.