Peppery Steak over Rice
- 1 pound round steak
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Sliced meat very thin. Place into a bowl, then sprinkle with oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then set aside.
- Heat olive oil over low heat in a large skillet.
- Add onions. Increase heat to high for about 2 minutes, then reduce heat to medium and stir. Cook onions, stirring occasionally, until done to desired taste.
- Add peppers; increase heat to high and cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove peppers and onions to a bowl.
- Reheat pan over high heat; add steak and spread it in a single layer. Cook, without
stirring, until the meat browns well, about 2 minutes. Stir to cook through.
- Mix with peppers and onions.
- Serve over rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Approximately values per serving (with 1/2 cup rice); 435 calories, 21 g
fat, 67 mg cholesterol, 26 g protein, 35 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 873 mg sodium,
44 percent calories from fat
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.