Ranch Round Steak
- 1 (3 pound) round steak
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut steak into serving-size pieces; trim away excess fat and pound to tenderize.
- Combine flour, dry mustard, salt and pepper; use to coat meat. Reserve remaining flour mixture.
- In skillet, brown meat, half at a time, on both sides in hot shortening. Push meat to one side; stir in reserved flour mixture.
- Combine water and Worcestershire sauce; stir into skillet mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to platter.
- Skim excess fat from gravy. Drizzle gravy over meat and serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.