- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds round steak
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat oil in large heavy, non-stick skillet.
- Fry onions until limp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cut meat into serving size pieces. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Dust lightly with flour and beat it into meat with edge of a saucer. Brown on both sides, adding more oil if needed.
- Return onion to pan with meat. Add beef broth, cover and simmer for 50 to 60 minutes or until meat is very, very tender, adding a little more broth if needed.
- Combine ranch dressing mix and sour cream. Remove meat to platter.
- Stir sour cream mixture into meat juices. Heat through until bubbly. Pour over meat and serve.
Servings: 4 to 6
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.