Skillet Swiss Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- Trim excess fat from meat, then cut into serving pieces.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Pound flour into both sides of meat with edge of saucer.
- Heat oil or shortening in skillet. Add meat and brown slowly on both sides.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Heat until liquid is boiling. Then reduce to simmer, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.