Sour Cream Round Steak
- 2 pounds tenderized round steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic (or more if desired), finely crushed
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Sift together flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard. Coat steak pieces
with flour mixture.
- Brown steak pieces in butter. Remove meat from skillet and add onion
and garlic to drippings; sauté until tender.
- Stir water, cornstarch, brown sugar and sour cream in a small bowl
- Place steak into baking dish; add onion mixture and
pour sour cream mixture over steak.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Serve over buttered noodles, rice or potatoes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.