Sour Cream Round Steak
- 2 pounds tenderized round steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic (or more if desired), finely crushed
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Sift together flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard. Coat steak pieces
with flour mixture.
- Brown steak pieces in butter. Remove meat from skillet and add onion
and garlic to drippings; sauté until tender.
- Stir water, cornstarch, brown sugar and sour cream in a small bowl
- Place steak into baking dish; add onion mixture and
pour sour cream mixture over steak.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Serve over buttered noodles, rice or potatoes.