Spicy Orange Beef
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 12 scallions, with tops, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (1 pound) boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 medium oranges, sectioned
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl combine the first six ingredients; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat;
sauté garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli, onions, ginger and pepper flakes; stir-fry for 2 minutes
or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet; add beef. Stir-fry until no longer pink.
- Stir orange juice mixture; add to skillet.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Return vegetables to pan. Add oranges and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
Yield: 6 servings