Steak in a Bag
- 1 cup egg bread crumbs
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) top sirloin steak, cut 2 1/2 inches thick
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons seasoned pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Prepare egg bread crumbs; set aside. Remove excess fat from steak.
- In a small bowl, mix butter or margarine, oil, garlic, seasoned
salt and seasoned pepper until blended. Spread on all sides of steak.
- Mix bread crumbs and cheese. Press into butter mixture on steak,
coating steak well.
- Place steak in brown grocery bag. Fold end over
and secure with paper clips. At this point steak may be refrigerated
- Before cooking, bring steak to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 375
degrees F. Place bag on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 30 minutes.
For medium rare steak, increase oven temperature to 425 degrees
F and bake 15 minutes longer, a total of 45 minutes. For medium-well
steak, reduce heat from 425 degrees F to 375 degrees F and bake
5 minutes longer before removing from oven, a total of 50 minutes.
- Remove steak from bag. Let stand for 5 minutes before carving into thin
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.