Steak with Gorgonzola Thyme Crust
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin or small rib eye steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Wisconsin Gorgonzola cheese
- Heat broiler.
- Spoon Worcestershire sauce over both sides of steaks; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle garlic and pepper over steaks. Place steaks on rack of broiler pan.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat source for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium
- Remove pan from broiler. Sprinkle thyme, then cheese over steaks.
- Return to oven and broil for 2 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Yield: 2 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.