Serve Steak Marsala with mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 3/4-inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups thinly-sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly-sliced cremini mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- Chopped chives
- Place porcini mushrooms in a small bowl; cover with boiling water to rehydrate. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, reserving the liquid; rinse mushrooms. Thinly slice; set aside.
- Combine 3 teaspoons flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge steaks in flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook steaks for 4-5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F with meat thermometer inserted into the
thickest part of the steak. Remove from heat and keep warm, tenting with aluminum foil.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, porcini, shiitake, cremini mushrooms and thyme; sauté for 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms release moisture and darken.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon flour; cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Stir in wine; cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth; bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Return beef to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated being careful not to overcook beef (145 degrees F).
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 970; Total fat 8 g (Sat. fat 1.5g; Trans fat 0g); Cholest. 15 mg; Sodium 970 mg; Total Carb. 19 g; Fiber 4g; Total Sugars 4g; Protein 14g; Vit D (0% DV); Calcium (2% DV); Iron (30% DV); Potas. (8%DV)
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Texas Beef Team
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.